How are you defining success in your business? Does “winning” mean exceeding financial measures? Is it externally motivated?
Can you point to a moment and say “we have arrived”!
Experience has taught me that high-performance leaders define success differently. Their belief that success is the transformation of capable people reaching their potential.
It’s an entirely different perspective of collaborative empowerment then command and control thinkers.
The subtle nuances are like changing out your old glasses for a new set of lenses. The prescription affords you more clarity and no longer distorts your perspective. High-performance leaders change their lenses often.
Our 5 guideline leaders use to define success.
- They see things clearer because they rely on a larger lens of perspective.
- They empower people to innovate, create, and fail-forward.
- They trust others to plot a new course and change direction.
- They build collaboration with the autonomy to challenge conventional wisdom.
- They recognize that true success of “potential” transforms results.
Embrace the grind. Enjoy the journey. Keep learning.