Managing time is no easy feat, but it’s important to remember that we can’t directly control it – instead, we manage our priorities. #coachjoe
As leaders, this gives us the power to decide how best to use our time and energy by focusing on what matters most. To get the best results, we must be actively engaged in work that brings out our best selves.
One of the largest changes I’ve made in life was writing down my top five priorities. Take time to ask yourself how they guide your effort and attention and ensure you’re working towards them consistently and effectively.
If there are more than five items on your list, then chances are none of them are actually priorities! Narrowing down such lists helps remove distractions and keeps us focused on what really needs achieving.
Here’s 5 tactical methods for identifying your priorities as a leader:
- Identify the core values that are important to you as a leader.
- Consider the needs of your organization and its stakeholders.
- Analyze the available resources and consider how they can be best utilized to achieve the goals set.
- Establish a clear timeline for the completion of each priority.
- Create a plan for measuring progress and assessing success.
Embrace the grind. Enjoy the journey. Keep listening.