To close the gap between performance and potential, there’s a core principle that must be followed with consistency.
It starts with empowering people with the autonomy, authority, tools, and technologies to deliver on the mission – also known as the “basics.”
Here are five core principles to execute on being “brilliant at the basics”:
- Foster a high-performing workplace culture where engaged employees hold themselves accountable for achieving results.
- Build a culture around service and communicate expectations at all levels.
- Develop leaders who will develop other people to lead.
- Align behaviors, tasks, and actions with goals and values.
- Recognize and reward success.
Embrace the grind. Enjoy the journey. Keep listening.