Being accountabile to yourself is the state of keeping the promises you make to yourself.
#accountability #promise #research #scienceofaccountability #mindset
I’m working with high-performance minded leaders we find there are some commonalities in their approach to a team environment.
They have a self-realization that prosperous work is a result of collective unit working in tandem towards a mission
That cohesiveness aligns the daily efforts that move the team towards excellence.
We found there are 5 practical applications you can use to check yourself and your team against.
How does your current team dynamics stack up? What are the elements you would add?
1. Realization that the team’s essential to you and your goals
2. The composition of the team. Who’s on the team and why?
3. The energy of the team: when they come together are they working in congruence with the core values?
4. The emotional health and safety of the team. Make sure you are addressing the emotional well-being of the team.
5. The intentions, energy, and presence of the team is fundamental to the success of the organization.
Be intentional about the structures you create to measure the results and how those results support the team dynamics.
Are the rewards measurement systems of the team creating a culture of collaboration? Do they motivate teams to succeed together?
The need to go to extremes, and then to course-correct in order to restore balance, seems an integral function of the human psyche.
If your work-life balance is unfairly skewed away from quality time with yourself, your family, your interests and hobbies, and/or your community, then it’s time to stop and refocus on what’s most important to you and find a way back to all that really matters.
The idea is to evaluate what you’re actually doing with and for yourself every day, determine how essential it is to you, and make the necessary changes that best accommodate your needs, interests, and desires.
6 Practicle applications:
- Determine the things you value most in your life.
- Decide what commitments are most important to you.
- Assess the way you use your time.
- Get rid of clutter in every area of your life.
- Spend more time with the people that stretch you, challenge you, and expand your thinking.
- Make time to be alone. Give yourself more time (and the permission) to express your creativity.
Credit: Abigail Brenner, M.D. author article in psychology today- “Taking back ownership and responsibility for yourself.”
#psychology #creativity #learningandevelopment #coachingandmentoring #mindsetmastery #growthmindset #learningandgrowing #keeplearning
If you’re the person that needs to hear this, you are capable of greatness. Believe in the journey it will serve you well over time.
📖Learn the science of who you are. This is powerful knowledge that will empower you to move forward no matter what you face or want to achieve.
👉🏻Trying to copy the route to success that someone else took doesn’t guarantee you success. You have to honor your values, beliefs, and experiences.
‼️What you think is possible is absolutely correct. Challenge what you think.
“If you are feeling low, or trampled, unappreciated, or forgotten…and you are reading this, realize it is an illusion…the hope is real…you are valued…and what lies ahead…is brilliance.“– Tom Althouse.